Learn to create scalable web applications that can serve millions of users using Flask, MongoDB and Amazon AWS
- You will learn advanced concepts for Flask web development including Blueprints
- You will be introduced to MongoDB and the concepts of NoSQL databases
- You will learn strategies for scaling applications to millions of reads and writes per second
- You will learn to use Amazon Web Services like S3 and SES through the Boto library
- A computer with internet access and administrative access to install packages
- Good understanding of how to use the command line interface, internet and code editors
- A credit card is required to open an account on the cloud infrastructure provider
- Good knowledge of the Python programming language
- Good knowledge of the Flask web framework
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and jQuery
This course will teach you some of the advanced development concepts used in the top tech companies today. How do I know this? Because I’ve been leading tech teams in both large enterprise as well as startup companies in New York City for the past 15 years.
Thousands of students have completed my “Professional Python Web Development Using Flask” Udemy Course, which introduced them to the basic concepts of Python and Flask and this course builds on top of that knowledge and takes you to the next step in web application architecture design.
The course goes through the process of building a social web application using Python Flask and the most popular document store database in the market: MongoDB. We will go over modeling best practices, how to build efficient indexes and how to interact with it using the popular MongoEngine ORM.
Step-by-step we will go over the user registration, login and management, the relationship model for users to become friends, and a scalable news feed system using the same architectural design that Twitter and other popular social applications have been using to handle massive amounts of user data.
Additionally we will setup and use Amazon’s AWS cloud infrastructure for this social application, and you will learn how to manage thousands of images using Amazon S3 and best-of-class email distribution using Amazon SES.
At the end of the course students will be challenged with a final project where all the course material will need to be used to complete it. Students that finish the final project will be eligible for special future promotions.
If you already know the basics of Python and Flask and you are interested in advancing your knowledge, this course will go over some of the advanced concepts of web application development, architecture design, database modeling and leveraging cloud infrastructure services.
The course is divided in 7 sections:
- Fundamental Concepts
- MongoDB and Flask Blueprints
- The User Module and an Introduction to AWS
- The Relationship Module
- The Feed Module
- Final Project
The course has more than 13 hours of video tutorials as well as the source code at the end of each lesson, so that you can see exactly what the whole project looks like in each stage.
The course can take anywhere from 10 days to a month to complete based on how much material the student completes daily.
Additionally we’re constantly updating the course, adding contents thanks to the feedback of our students.
Join this course and continue your path to becoming a professional Python backend web developer!
- Programmers and developers with basic Python knowledge who want to expand their skills
- Application architects who want to understand better how to scale their applications
- Software developers who want to understand how to build API applications
- Startup CTOs who want to understand better best practices for application development
- Computer Science Students who want to get exposed to real life concepts
Content retrieved from: https://www.udemy.com/advanced-python-flask/.